The Lexi Rudnitsky First Book Prize (formerly the Lexi Rudnitsky Poetry Prize) is a collaboration between Persea Books and The Lexi Rudnitsky Poetry Project. This annual competition sponsors the publication of a poetry collection by a woman who has yet to publish a full-length poetry book. The winner receives an advance of $1,000.00 and publication of her collection by Persea.
In addition, the winner receives the option of an all-expenses-paid residency at the Civitella Ranieri Center, a renowned artists retreat housed in a fifteenth-century castle in Umbertide, Italy.
Submission and Eligibility Guidelines:
• Entrants must be women who are U.S. citizens and/or currently residing in the United States.
• Submitted manuscripts should be at least 40 page, and should include a title page displaying the collection title only. No identifying information should be included anywhere in the submission. Submissions should not include publication credits, acknowledgments, thank-yous, or dedications.
• Submissions must be written primarily in English to be considered. Translations are not accepted.
• Simultaneous submissions are accepted. Please contact us immediately if you must withdraw your manuscript(s) from consideration.
• Entry fees are nonrefundable with no exceptions.
• Please note that the contest entry period ends at 11:59 Eastern Time on October 31.
For the purposes of this contest, a previously published full-length book of poems is defined as a volume of at least 40 pages in an edition of 500 or more copies that has been made readily available through trade distribution (i.e. local and/or on-line booksellers, including Amazon.com). Any woman who has already published a book that meets these criteria is ineligible.
The winner is chosen by an anonymous selection committee and announced on Persea's web site in January.
Any questions about the contest or its guidelines should be emailed to email@example.com.